Product Designer, Styling System at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centered product company whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways. Product Designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams that are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for their team’s strategy and overall success.
As one of our core Presence teams, Styling System helps translate our customers’ unique, creative visions onto their Squarespace websites through Fonts, Color, Animations, Buttons, and more. We're looking for a cross-functionally seasoned Product Designer to help define the priorities, feature scope, and overall vision. You will frequently check in and support Styling’s two sister teams, Brand System and Asset Management, on initiatives with overlap. You will occasionally help guide fellow Presence teams as they implement Styling’s features into their product areas.
You will report to the Product Design Manager, Presence.
At this time, all Squarespace employees are working remotely until November 2021. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if and when it is safe to return to our offices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the product design of our Styling Systems team, supporting and expanding upon styling’s overall usability and expressibility within Core CMS.
- Contribute to Styling System’s OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working daily with PM and Engineering partners.
- Define problems, identify insights, and measure solutions through deep collaboration with Research and Product Analytics.
- Attain and maintain a thorough understanding of our users.
- Collaborate closely with Web Design and UX Content Strategy on evolving our vision and potential solutions.
- Collaborate with Design Systems to ensure your work integrates with our ecosystem.
- Build end-to-end user experiences, including spaces outside your teams’ core purview.
- 4+ years of experience
- Can show strong examples of design process, particularly with heavy content strategy and research collaborations
- Systems thinker with experience operating within and contributing to a design system and complex information architecture.
- Able to build strong cross-functional partnerships and successful executive stakeholder management.
- Comfortable successfully multitasking on several projects concurrently
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.