Product Designer at Mulberry Technology
Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry’s browser extension allows consumers to get free and affordable protection plans wherever they shop online, and retailers can embed protection offers seamlessly into their shopping experience to increase customer engagement and revenue. We are passionate about helping more consumers shop confidently, protecting their favorite products without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry. We are headquartered in NYC but have a hybrid office environment with teammates all across the US.
Our consumer experience product team is focused on building new products and features that aim to deepen our relationship with the ecommerce consumers and help them get the most out of their ecommerce experience.
As a candidate for this position, you over-index on new products and features ideation and development, structured thinking, consumer empathy, consumer research, and data-driven. You’re a natural leader, powerful consumer insight thinker, and a fierce advocate for the user. You’re known for your ability to gain deep consumer needs and insights by reading between the lines, listening to unspoken needs, having compassionate sympathy for consumers, and connecting scattered data.
This role reports to the VP of Product.
Where you can make an impact:
- Navigate the natural tension between designing for revenue impact and designing for user needs in a holistic environment.
- Translate consumer insights into new products and new features to deepen our relationship with our consumers, increase user engagement, and deliver business goals.
- Facilitate and promote collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, Data Analytics, and cross-functional team to push boundaries and deliver product design execution to meet our goals
- Pay close attention to and continually iterate on the team's process — consistently improving design quality, speed, and collaboration through efficiency and attention to craft so the team can work smarter, not harder
- An authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader
- Highly collaborative: You strive to partner within design and cross-functionally to build the very best product/user experiences
- A strong communicator and problem solver: You manage up, down and sideways
- Always thinking about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’ and ‘what we want to achieve’)
- Extremely data-driven: You rely on research insights and data to inform strategy, design decisions, and roadmaps
- A great storyteller: You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- At home (and thrive!) in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
- Empathetic to Engineering's technical constraints and Product's business objectives, and are comfortable navigating UX tradeoffs with these cross-functional partners
- Experienced in building and shipping web and/or mobile products
We’d love to hear from you, if you have:
- 2+ years of UX product design experience
- Bonus points: stellar visual design skills
- This role will be based in NYC or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, Mulberry offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly growing Series B funded startup
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO (minimum 15 days off required)
- Paid sabbatical after 3 years of tenure
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!