Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to make it beautiful. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act.
We are seeking talented product designers to help lead the direction of future releases. Product Designers at Squarespace are autonomous problem solvers skilled in interaction design, prototyping, and user testing. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
At Squarespace, you will work with the product team on our native mobile and web applications. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
**We are currently looking for talented designers across all levels. If you're interested in joining us, please apply here regardless of your seniority, and our team will consider where you can make the biggest impact.**
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Collaborate on evolving our style guides
- Well-versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well-rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.