Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We’re looking for a driven Product Designer to help define and execute the user experience of our web and mobile products. We have many exciting products in the pipeline, and we continue to iterate and improve our existing experiences as well. As a senior designer you will lead the full lifecycle of your designs, collaborating with product managers on strategy, participating in research to test and validate designs, and consult with engineering to make them come to life. Senior designers help mentor other designers and provide design leadership to their feature teams and product organization.
At Compass You Will:
- Think in terms of design systems and turn complicated problems into graceful and simple solutions
- Balance different products (enterprise / consumer), target audiences, platforms (web/ios) and the work flows between them
- User test your designs and iterate based on insights
- Discuss your designs with engineers, and have a well established understanding of how your designs are built, and what their technical limitations are
- Be a design leader by advocating user needs, champion design thinking, and providing product strategy
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other designers and teammates
- Refine our processes and help define best practices for design at Compass
- Move fast, collaborate without ego, and thrive on opportunity at a high growth company
What We Look For:
- 7+ years experience in product design
- Ideally 2-3 years focused on iterating on a single product
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational and logical design decisions
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams
- A passion for designing and using digital products
- Ability to deal with change and comfort with ambition
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.