Rocketrip is a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards!
Come be a part of a close-knit team as Rocketrip’s next Product Designer! In your role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product process, from discovery through to ideation, to the conceptualization of well-crafted and meaningful features, to working closely with product managers and engineers, tweaking pixels just prior to release.
Excellent communication skills, knowledge of the product design process, and a love of collaborative thinking are super essential. You will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems while utilizing a full range of product, interaction, UX, prototyping and visual design skills on a platform that will be enjoyed daily by tens of thousands of people representing our end-user, the Rocketrip Traveler!
- Craft elegant, functional visual/UI and interaction designs.
- Build and maintain Rocketrip’s design systems, visual language and component sets.
- Be driven by user needs as defined by data, research, usability and best-practise.
- Produce end-to-end UX flows (storyboards, flowcharts, user-journeys, wireframes); you’ll enjoy rapidly producing multiple concepts, creating early IAs and testable prototypes.
- Collaborate with other Product team members to quickly prototype new features or experiences to get user feedback.
- Discuss your designs with engineers; create an understanding of how your designs are built and, if any, what technical limitations there are to work around.
- You are a champion of Lean UX; you know when to create low-fi sketches and when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Help keep our teams up-to-date with developments in the design, user experience community and wider digital industry.
- Refine our processes and help define best practices for design here at Rocketrip.
- An exceptional online portfolio; we’re really looking forward to seeing your best work!
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing for digital products and platforms within a startup, digital consultancy or agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a creative, Design or HCI related field.
- Experience designing for multiple channels and touchpoints across the end-user journey.
- Expert proficiency with Sketch, Figma, Adobe Suite; you'll also know when to use pen and paper, or whiteboards and markers to communicate your early ideas.
- A solid understanding of Design and Product team workflows.
- Strong written, communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- A curious and positive attitude; you’re a fast learner and incredibly self-motivated.
- Experience using interactive prototyping tools, including screen-to-screen tools (Invision, Figma, Marvel, etc) to layered, detailed transition tools (Principle and Framer, etc)
- Experience with early IA/affinity/nav testing (Optimal Workshop, UsabilityHub, etc).
- Beginner-to-intermediate in-person and remote user testing experience using WhatUsersDo, UserTesting, Usabilla, UserZoom, Validately or similar.
- Beginner-to-intermediate user research experience using surveys and running end-user interviews or observational studies.
- Experience with website CMS platforms (e.g. Squarespace, similar).
- Experience with basic web analytics.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Business travel industry experience.
- Startup experience.
- B2B experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Light front-end coding skills.
- Experience with Intercom.
Here at Rocketrip, we…
- Are in high-growth mode, so you will have the ability to make a huge impact.
- Believe it's important to rejuvenate and offer a "take what you need" vacation policy.
- Offer great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Provide employees with a 401k plan.
- Have a dog-friendly office (woof!)
- Provide access to a range of discounts including gym membership, Citibike and Zipcar.
Founded in 2013, Rocketrip is aiming to revolutionize business travel by introducing the motivation to save. Our team is focused on utilizing technology, design and data to align employee and company interests.
Rocketrip is backed by a renowned set of investors and advisors, including GV, Bessemer Venture Partners, Canaan Partners, Genacast Ventures, and Y Combinator.