Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk.
We're looking for an Product Designer to help us invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and activities they love. If you're someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people and can turn those insights into beautifully designed prototypes and products, both interactions and visuals, then this is the right role for you.
What you’ll do
- Own the design process from beginning to end, taking it from user research insights and translating into simple and usable experiences
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to define and communicate the overarching narrative around the problem you’re solving and approach.
- Participate in strategy and planning to help the team articulate the long, medium and short term opportunities on your squad
- Participate in research, and communicate insights to help the team deeply understand the customer problems were solving for
- Explore multiple creative directions for problems you’re solving
- Share work early and often and seeking out constructive feedback from peers, product team, and stakeholders
- Iterate on work based on feedback you get from the team, and actively participate in giving feedback to improve the work of the team as a whole.
Skills you have
- 3+ years experience designing digital products and systems for desktop, mobile and native apps
- Strong visual design skills and ability to work through medium complexity UX flows, documenting all edge cases and specs
- Ability to work within an existing design system and know when to break out and create new, extensible patterns
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to back up your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break big problems into smaller experiments to validate assumptions
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work closely with partners in Engineering and Product
- Accepts and resolves critique gracefully
You will be part of this highly dynamic strategy process that will impact our future for years to come. We are also a year into being acquired by WeWork, an amazing partner who continues to significantly invest in our growth. Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?