We’re looking for a Product Designer to drive design-led innovation at AlphaSights. You’ll run complex design projects across multiple product teams and shape our user experience strategy, up-skilling your colleagues in the process.
It’s a great opportunity to bring to life human-centered design products – that meet both user needs and business goals – to a space ripe for disruption.
We are defining an industry at the intersection of human capital and technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of how we acquire and share knowledge to drive progress for business and society. From investors to corporate strategists, business-builders to social entrepreneurs, our clients are innovators and decision-makers spanning every industry and geography. Though their pursuits differ, they share a common need: to converge data, ideas, and earned wisdom to navigate competitive and rapidly-evolving markets.
Leveraging relevant industry data and our proprietary knowledge search technology powered by the latest in machine learning, natural language processing, and data science, we connect people to the insights they need to make smarter decisions.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights currently employs 600+ professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
- Lead design projects through the product development lifecycle, working closely with Product and Engineering as we understand problems and iterate through solutions.
- Plan and execute user research, deploying all the tools in your arsenal to understand user motivations, habits, and workflows.
- Distill your work into highly engaging and functional sketches, wireframes, user journeys, prototypes, and hi-fidelity designs – communicating and presenting these ideas to both technology and commercial stakeholders.
- Champion user experience and advocate for design and user research best practice across the organisation, helping to build our design culture and systems.
You’re a great fit if you:
- Have 1-3 years of design experience.
- Live and breathe UX/UI; are up-to-date with, and ideally driving forward, best-practices in the industry.
- Excel using the tools of the trade (e.g., Zeplin, InVision), particularly rapid-prototyping technology.
- Love tackling ambiguous design problems, combining both intuitive and analytical thinking, and have the grit to get to a desirable and viable solution.
- Are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator with an ability to gain support for your ideas and engage with stakeholders across the company to gather feedback.
- Have excellent organizational, time, communication, and project management skills.
- HTML & CSS skills preferred
- Have Design Sprint or other group brainstorming facilitation expertise (preferred).
- Hold a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar (preferred).
Why join us?
- Culture: AlphaSights has the resources of an established company with the fast-moving, forward-thinking approach of a start-up. We’re a diverse, global team that’s dedicated to working hard, continuously improving, and having fun in the process.
- Benefits: Competitive salary; generous paid time off and parental leave
- Wellness: Full medical, dental, and vision benefits; weekly yoga and other in-office exercise classes
- Savings: 401(k) company match; discounts on gym and transportation
- Learning: Conference and professional development budget; office speaker series
- Travel: Opportunity to work and train abroad and go on offsite trips
- Fuel: Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Events: Monthly budget to bond with your team outside of the office; company-sponsored sports leagues, Friday socials, and summer/holiday parties