Join the team changing the way financial software works. For the past 9 years OpenFin has been on the forefront of innovation in financial technology. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards.
From the beginning, OpenFin has been about enabling powerful UX. And as we continue to break new ground on the product side, we are seeking a Product Designer to work closely with our Product Management and Engineering teams, designing the look and feel of the next generation of the financial desktop. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, high energy, ready for a challenge, with a passion for delightful and functional design. You must be hands on and capable of working in a fast paced, and dynamic environment. Technical skills and CSS chops are a big plus.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Work with stakeholders to turn specifications, wireframes, and user research into a strong visual signature and UX that transforms work for our end-users
- Understand and represent the customer and be the champion for the end user
- Work collaboratively across teams and be an advocate for design
- Tackle complex workflows with an overload of information and turn them into frictionless and beautiful experiences
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- BA/BS in Design/related field or equivalent experience
- Strong wireframing/prototyping skills
- A clean and organized design sensibility
- A strong sense of curiosity and a passion for learning and problem solving
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of financial software applications and users is strongly preferred
Move fast. Break nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry's first common operating system. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines advanced interoperability, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Launched in 2010, the world’s largest banks and trading platforms use OpenFin to deploy thousands of industry apps to over 1500 sell-side and buy-side firms.
Why Work Here?
- Experienced, dedicated, and hands-on managers
- A highly collaborative development process that values both team players and independent learners
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- 401(k) and Equity Options
- Free Annual CitiBike Membership
- Generous PTO policy
- Stocked kitchen
- Team lunches, events, and happy hours
- Annual Offsite