Product Designer at Discovery Digital Media
GOLFTV is a new international venture from Discovery that will bring coverage from the best professional golf events to fans around the world. Discovery Golf is creating a new, innovative digital platform to deliver live content and special features that will change the way golf coverage is enjoyed.
The GOLFTV Product Team is looking for a Product Designer to join a growing team.
As a Product Designer at GOLFTV, you will work across all OTT interfaces (web, mobile, TV and Connected devices). You will be involved with the entire product cycle from start to finish and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the design process—including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design.
Your influence will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will change how golf fans around the world consume the game across many different verticals.
This role reports into our Director of Product Design and will work closely with other designers, product management and engineering, designing new features and enhancements that will drive engagement and revenue for GOLFTV.
1. In addition to the responsibilities noted above:
2. Take broad big picture ideas and turn them into beautiful, useful, and valuable products that our users won’t be able to live without.
3. Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant across various platforms (web, mobile, TV and Connected devices).
4. Be autonomous. You crave accountability, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
5. Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
6. Iterate designs according to work reviews, changing requirements, and user feedback
7. Promote good information architecture, understand and solve for the nuances of content, interface design patterns, and visual systems.
8. Partner and collaborate with product managers, engineers, other designers, editorial and content teams to oversee the user experience of a product from concept until launch.
9. Think at a high level about creative strategy and vision. Not just how it should look, but what should be built.
* At least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; designing across all major platforms (web, mobile, TV and Connected devices)
* You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, with a killer online portfolio that demonstrates your product and interaction work.
* Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
* You’re a great communicator and collaborator. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
* You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
* Expert-level knowledge in Figma (preferred), Sketch, InVision
* Energy, a sense of humor, an open & curious mind and a passion for designing great digital product experiences
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Bonus points if you…
* Love golf and/or have knowledge of the sport
* Have skills in motion design tools to create advanced prototypes (Principle, FramerX, Etc)