Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
Do you want to work with experienced product and design professionals on a product that will push your craft to the next level?
Product Designers at Simon tackle complex user problems with carefully crafted systems, workflows, and interfaces. We do research and discovery, prototyping, workflow exploration and definition, UI design, and usability testing on collaborative, multidisciplinary teams of designers, product managers, and engineers.
As one of the first designers on our rapidly growing team, you’ll help establish our processes and culture while working on a product that makes users’ lives easier and businesses more successful.What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level designer to help us take the user experience of our SaaS application to the next level. You’ll be responsible for designing intuitive and accessible new product functionality, building products for non-technical users that incorporate data science into marketing workflows.
Some things you’ll do in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Running user research projects independently or in partnership with a product manager
- Conducting usability tests with users and iterating on your designs to address findings
- Implementing, maintaining, and evolving our design system
- Planning and facilitating cross-functional co-creation and ideation workshops
- Presenting designs, concepts, and proposals to customers, leadership, and the company at large
- Working closely with engineers to understand the technology powering your designs
We’re looking for product designers with expertise in user-centric design processes and proven visual, interface, and user experience design skills. We’re also looking for the following:
- 4+ years of professional experience in product design
- 2+ years of experience designing for B2B web applications on desktop devices
- Ability to design solutions for complex, highly technical problems
- Proven background in prototyping and usability testing
- Experience conducting user research for problem discovery and solution validation
- Experience building, maintaining, or contributing to design systems
- Strong sense of curiosity and desire to learn
- Humble, no-ego approach to your work
- Enthusiastically collaborative nature and experience collaborating cross-functionally
Additionally, while not required, we’re keeping our eyes peeled for these bonus skills:
- Experience designing technical products, developer tools, or enterprise software
- Knowledge of database technology and experience writing SQL
- Data visualization experience
Simon Data is based in New York, but this position is open to fully remote candidates.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.