We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold-brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a product designer, you’ll join a small design team by playing a key role to define the user experience, user interaction, and visual design for our insurance products.
You will work collaboratively with product and engineering in an agile, fast-paced environment. Not only can you lead user research and turn insights into actionable designs, but you can also push out high fidelity, production-ready outputs.
This role reports to Haven Life’s Head of Product.
What you’ll be doing
- Design the user experience and interface for business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) insurance products
- Explains complex problems and solutions to people who may be unfamiliar with principles of product design
- Facilitate concept and product design sessions as you collaborate with product, engineering, and other designers to turn design into production ready software
- Create low to high fidelity outputs (e.g., sketches, wireframes, mockups, prototypes) as appropriate to obtain feedback and communicate design direction
- Thoughtful proposes changes to the product design process, enhancing our design system and assets
- Degree in design or related field
- Experience working in an agile/lean environment where you interact daily with engineers and product managers
- Expertise with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or Figma to create wireframes, user personas, flows, and prototypes
- Conversant in user research processes and tools, able to work with others to turn insights into actionable designs
- Experience with and the desire to shape design and product processes in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent written and oral communication, and the ability to articulate an organized and structured design process
- 7+ years experience in user experience and user interface design, with ownership of the final pixel
Authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Experience solving design problems in B2B, B2B2C, and B2C business models
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.