We’re building the modern platform for rental real estate — simplifying the experience of investing in property and renting a home.
As a product designer at Great Jones, you’ll absorb complexity and unpack needs for a wide range of users (investors, tenants, field teams), then shape their experience into something simple and delightful.
The right candidate will be excited to move quickly and make a broad, meaningful mark on the evolution of our product suite and customer experience.
- Wireframe, design, and prototype new features and MVP products
- Turn challenging workflows into simple, usable, and elegant experiences
- Practice lean design principles
- Proactively communicate your design decisions, and provide well-articulated feedback
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to deliver effective and elegant product experiences
- 4+ years of experience working as a product designer
- Sound, human-centered design process, including thoughtful questioning, genuine empathy, and the ability to move from insights to well-executed solutions that delight
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and excitement about being a “builder” in that context
- You understand how data and research inform your craft
- You have some professional experience designing product features, especially from an early ideation and conceptual stage
- A willingness to spend plenty of time “on the ground” in our markets, developing empathy and building strong relationships within our users
- Experience thinking through holistic service experiences
- Demonstrated partnership with engineers, product managers, and other designers
- Able to handle the complex ecosystem in which we operate (multiple user types, lots of contexts, operational complexities)
- Bonus: You have some experience building with frontend web technologies
- Enthusiastic team player
About Great Jones:
Great Jones is building modern, full-service, technology-fueled property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors. To sum up the opportunity: it’s an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for delivering low-tech, subpar service.
Our digital & operational platform combines the sophistication of a technology company with the personal touch of a local business, rethinking property management from the ground up for performance, efficiency, trust, and delight.
Our founding team has spent over a decade building digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs & Skillshare.
We are well-funded by leading global investors including Crosslink Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.