Animoto is still hiring for all open roles. All interviews and onboarding will be done virtually due to COVID-19. All employees (new and current) are working remotely until it is safe to return to our offices.
At Animoto, we believe video is the most powerful form of communication. That’s why we make best-in-class, easy-to-use online and mobile video creation apps. Our customers use our apps, along with our pre-built narrative templates, to customize their own engaging video stories to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next two years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun in ways that have never been done before.
We are looking for a Product Designer to help lead the design of our online video creation tools. You will work with a cross-functional team to ship elegant and thoughtful design solutions that help our users create best-in-class social videos.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a vision of the experience we should provide our users to help them create stunning, on-trend social videos
- Work closely with product management and engineering to continuously define the roadmap for a full-stack product team
- Collaborate with video producers and motion designers to understand the video capabilities that will be surfaced in our application
- Work with a UX researcher to unpack complex user issues while building a deeper understanding of our customers
- Create journey maps, user flows, and other documents to guide UX strategy
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts as needed to effectively communicate specific features and behaviors
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders and guide the collection, synthesis and integration of feedback
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years of hands-on product design experience preferably in a product company
- Experience working in an Agile environment with product managers and engineers
- Strong portfolio including at least one tool that allows users to edit multimedia content
- Experience conducting research and applying insights to your designs
- Fluency in relevant, modern design tools (we are transitioning to Figma from Sketch + Zeplin)
- Someone who actively balances interests of engineering, product management, marketing, and stakeholders while optimizing for the user experience
- Experience designing AI-driven experiences
- Experience designing for native mobile apps
- Enthusiasm for motion graphics, video production, and/or social media marketing
- Experience applying design thinking to problems outside of product design
Why join Animoto:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- 100% covered health insurance, equity, 401k, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
- Upgraded subscriptions for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Spotify
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
Read Full Job Description