Product Designer at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Role & Responsibilities
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team to take the momentum we’ve built and run with it, ensuring that Orchard continues to build products that solve real customer problems. The products you design will be human-centered, ultimately enabling Orchard to help homeowners with the biggest financial decision of their life: the purchase and sale of their home. If you want to play a key role in scaling a new, innovative business through design, this is the position for you.
This role is responsible for contributing to the design strategy and execution of our internal product suite that enables the Orchard team to deliver our service to customers. The work you do will power every team at Orchard in their day-to-day work, whether it’s valuing a home, completing a home inspection, tracking customer contract signing, and much much more.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design of new products and features that support our in-house real estate teams to facilitate seamless transactions and delightful customer experiences
- Translate complex ideas into meaningful, intuitive user experiences based on in-depth research and testing
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new features
- Advocate for the user (internal stakeholders as well as the end customer)
- Proactively solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or high fidelity prototypes)
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on research that drive meaning impact
- Deep empathy for the customer that drives design and product decisions
- Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and interaction design skills
- Comfortable defining success metrics and making data-informed design decisions
- Interest and excitement about complex systems and solving new, challenging problems in a sector ripe for innovation
About the Product Design Team
The Product Design team is responsible for crafting digital product experiences that make the experience of buying and selling a home simple and stress-free for our customers, as well as for our internal sales & operations teams. You would be joining a growing team of 6 talented product designers working on cross-functional teams with Product Managers and Engineers. Our product teams are highly collaborative and design plays a critical role in the product development process - from setting OKRs, validating concepts with customers, and iterating on our work to constantly improve our product experience. In addition to our cross-functional teams, we have a strong design team culture - spending time together on a daily basis to collaborate, give feedback and help each other grow in our craft.
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.