Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.Overview
We are looking for a talented and created Product Designer with a passion for delivering world-class experiences. As a designer at Electric, you will work with stakeholders, customers and the product and engineering teams to understand user needs and design simple, elegant solutions. You will own key design initiatives from inception to launch, then iterate to improve them. You will advocate for users and user-centered design in your pod and across the organization. And you will contribute to our design culture with teamwork, process improvement and innovation. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company, understands that constant change is one of the benefits of working at a startup and sees it as an opportunity for growth.
What you’ll do
- Own design for a product pod. Work closely with PMs and engineers to conceive and deliver the right features for our users and business, in an agile environment
- Conduct user research that guides product strategy and your design decisions
- Deliver thoughtful and exceptional designs at any fidelity, from rough sketches to pixel-perfect comps or prototypes, and know when each is appropriate
- Iterate: test solutions, gather data, analyze and find ways to validate and improve your work before and after launch
- Refine and evolve the visual language and styles of Electric’s digital products while staying true to our brand identity
- Help build design operations at Electric by contributing to the design system, process improvements and shared resources like research playbooks, testing frameworks, etc.
- Help build a design culture: foster curiosity, empathy and improvement; present your designs and get feedback, critique and help improve others’ work; improve processes to ensure we deliver timely and exceptional work. Continually advocate for users and demonstrate the value of design across the company
Who you are
- 3-5 years of Product Design experience with a proven record of delivering excellent work
- Have a portfolio demonstrating exceptional design work and the process that led to your decisions
- Have experience conducting user research and leveraging data to guide your designs
- Have experience working as part of a product team in an agile environment
- Have expertise with design and prototyping software and the facility to learn new tools as needed
- Have a working knowledge of front-end development to aid in scoping solutions, communicating with engineers and ensuring successful implementations
- Have experience delivering fully responsive, accessible, implementation-ready designs
- Have experience using, maintaining and contributing to a design system
- Be comfortable self-managing to plan, scope and execute your work, but acknowledge what you don’t know and ask for help when you need it--you’ll get it!
- Have the maturity to take feedback, work on your weaknesses and leverage your strengths to grow with the team
- Be comfortable and motivated working in a high-growth startup: collaborate to improve our process and take advantage of opportunities
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.