Product Designer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Within MSK’s Digital Informatics and Technology Solutions (DigITs) division, we’re excited to recruit a passionate Product Designer to help advance our transformation.
As a Product Designer, you will bring a combination of systems-oriented and human-centered design approach to shape the future of connected, empathetic user experiences for clinicians, staff, caregivers, and patients alike. As a change maker, you will solve complex problems to emotional healthcare challenges through strategy, aesthetic sensibilities, meticulous craft, and intelligent technology.
· Partner with Product Managers, engineers, users, and stakeholders to craft and elevate multi-dimensional user experiences at scale, over time
· Coordinate and conduct participatory design research techniques, including observational studies, user interviews, journey mapping, usability testing, and other forms of product discovery to explore, convey, and validate opportunities
· Contribute to interdisciplinary workshops to problem frame, mine for business insights, expand ideas, and convert outcomes into action plans
· Apply a broad range of product design techniques, including sketching, prototyping, information architecture design, and interaction modeling to build and iterate on multiple ideas to solve a single problem
· Frequently evaluate the efficacy of your work, evolving the product strategy and feature priority overtime based on user feedback, group critique, research, data, and industry trends
· Effectively communicate synthesized findings, conceptual ideas, and proposed design solutions, verbally and visually
· Relentlessly evangelize best practices and proven paradigms within the interactive space, and define usage guidelines accordingly
· A master of product design fundamentals across digital platforms
· An expert in applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to inform and validate decisions
· Accustomed to working in a scaled agile/scrum process
· 2-4 years of industry experience researching, building, and implementing sustainable digital products that users love
· An online portfolio that demonstrates your work and process
· Experience using a wide range of design, prototyping, and collaboration tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, and similar
· Experience designing and implementing large-scale design systems preferred
· Experience designing for healthcare, enterprise, or B2B software products preferred
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, work/life balance and personal well-being to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview if your profile aligns and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 45 min online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.