About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About You: You believe design is a verb, not a deliverable. We are looking for design experience in advocating for the user despite business and technical constants. This will require you to both understand the problem you are solving and execute the appropriate solution.You know (as much as you might fight it) the constraints of technology are just as important as their promise because it’s in the constraints we find our best ideas. Someone who sees the patterns in the chaos and knows how to translate those patterns into tools for the design teams. You know there’s a time for going wide, a time for going deep, and understand how to bring the product diners teams you work with through both stages. You are a thinker, a maker, and a passionate advocate for the Minimum Delightful Product approach to the mantra of “move fast and ship it."
The Impact You Will Make
- This role requires growth-mindset collaboration with product, engineering and peers. You will need to adapt your communication appropriately in order to advocate for the user.
- Turn everything from nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features
- Design holistic systems, flows and interfaces that are simple, elegant, and beautiful
- Lead mid-level project work from a design perspective with autonomy and authority, facilitating design studios and working sessions to help the teams deliver the best possible solutions
- Advocate for the customer in all decisions with the product, engineering, and design teams
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the design and research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
***We highly encourage including a portfolio and/or examples that showcase your animation skills focusing on brand and UI.***
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 3 years of practical, in-house product, UI/UX design experience for an e-commerce consumer facing brand with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Applied experience with service design practices and a practice of constantly evolving your design process
- Applied experience working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap; must have mobile design experience
- Understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- A passion for sharing design strategies with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver a better, more user-centered product
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?
- Drawing skills with an attention to detail (both by hand and digital pen)
- Strong aesthetic and conceptual skills to help bring life to the existing GH illustrations and help elevate our brand
- Understanding of design systems: how icons, micro-animations, UI illustrations, can help users with wayfinding and ease their hunger pains.
- Reel showcasing animating experience using a combination of Principle, After Effects, Illustrator, and Premiere
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.