Alt is on a mission to make investing in alternative assets as easy as investing in stocks. We are redefining alternative assets to include new asset classes that have historically been relegated to the territory of hobbyists and collectors, rather than investors. With Alt, we're turning sports cards – and eventually watches, sneakers, and art – into investable assets.
Our investors include VCs such as 776, First Round Capital, BoxGroup, SV Angel as well as notable angels such as the founders of Stripe, Blackrock and Coinbase. Some professional athletes, including Kevin Durant, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tobias Harris all across different sports have also invested in Alt.
As the Product Designer at Alt, you would work on the core Alt platform, help create a seamless and delightful user experience across various platforms for people to research, manage, insure and leverage their alternate asset portfolio. As one of the early members of the Design team, you would make a tremendous impact on the Product, Brand, Culture and Company trajectory.The impact you will make:
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering
- Own Design projects from early exploration to shipping
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Be the voice of the user and help the team understand the challenges and needs of the user
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience, utilizing design patterns
- Advocate for prioritization of changes, refinements, and improvements to the user experience
- 3+ years of experience designing excellent digital products as part of a cross-functional team in an agile ecosystem
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, and ease of use
- High attention to detail and focus on execution and quality.
- Skills in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and crave feedback to help you produce your best work
- Experience designing with a Design System, and making your design decisions based on customer feedback and data
- Experience working with Research to uncover needs and insights based on data and translating them into thoughtful Design decisions.
- Strong expertise in common design tools (ie Figma, sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Framer, etc)
- Experience designing across multiple platforms ( Web, IOS, Android, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in Fintech is a plus
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)