Product Designer/Senior Product Designer, Clinical Research
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a senior product designer who is excited about designing software and services that will seamlessly integrate clinical research into everyday clinical care and provide research as a treatment option for more patients.
In this role, you’ll work with our Prospective business unit to improve how clinical research is done, from designing workflows for research coordinators to help find patients for clinical trials to designing tooling to help clinical trial sponsors make decisions. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you’ll design holistic solutions and services that empower our teams to serve our clients and our patients more quickly and efficiently. You will accelerate our user research efforts to understand key workflows in order to design product and service-based solutions by integrating analyses of user needs and building prototypes that communicate these ideas clearly to stakeholders. In addition, you'll also:
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to feature implementation
- Lead problem-solving discussions with internal stakeholders (e.g., Life Sciences Partnerships, Research Oncology, Product, Engineering, and Quantitative Sciences) to ensure that all necessary inputs are considered and the team collectively makes clinically and scientifically sound decisions
- Observe and talk to research staff and life science partners in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, identifying user needs
- Generate hypotheses and help frame solutions through both quantitative and qualitative user research methods
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi-fidelity interaction design prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex patient data
- Communicate your ideas through design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development
- Contribute to our shared design system, and shape the future of our tool alongside other designers
Who You Are
You're a senior designer doing service, product or UX design. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have prior experience in service design, applied product design, user experience design, or interaction design
- You have the ability to design at various levels of zoom, from interactions and touch-points to products and services to end-to-end journeys
- You are a systems thinker, with an appetite to dig into complex design challenges by leveraging quantitative and qualitative research
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of business value, expressed user value, and technical feasibility
- You are experienced in independently conducting user research using a variety of different methodologies
- You value outcome over output and understand the role of an iterative design process to measure progress toward a desired outcome. You thrive on collaboration and leading your partners through a shared design process that is structured around delivering high-value user experiences that meet our business goals
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics