Project Interior Designer
Working alongside our Director of Design, the Project Interior Designer will be charged with designing many our new office spaces from start to finish.S/he will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches and material boards, working drawings including construction details, millwork details, and specifications. You will be the champion of Knotel's design capabilities and will clearly manage client projects from conception through execution.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to specific Knotel & member needs
- Collaborate with other teams at Knotel in owning the entire interior design scope for new fit-outs
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing customizable solutions for clients needs
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design process
- Research new, innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You are someone who wants to become a master of design in New York, and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty while doing it. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Excellent sketching and conceptual design skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written; including client presentation skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey.
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.