Research Design Principal at Clear Street (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
Our Design team is focused on unearthing our users’ needs, both internal and external. They are design generalists working closely with a cross-functional team to help create usable and delightful experiences. Clear Street’s designers have varied backgrounds, hailing from agencies, start-ups, and financial institutions. They take on projects from research and napkin sketches to final pixel-perfect designs and testing.
- Build and lead the Research Design discipline with the Head of Design for all of Clear Street
- Ensure appropriate rigor with research and level up research efforts across the organization
- Move us from a place of educated guesses to a high level of confidence that we are making effective decisions of the highest value
- Collaborate across all teams of design as well as internal stakeholders across the organization
- Identify the best approach, method, timeline, and deliverables for research efforts given their audience, timeframe, and goals
- Maintain an organized and accessible database of research insights
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience and have previously managed a team of researchers and must provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable)
- You have competency in Sketch, Figma and have demonstrated excellent hygiene with documentation
- You have experience running both evaluative and foundational research both on-site and remote
- You are smart and able to gain knowledge and experiences from a breadth of different areas