We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come. That’s the idea, and the mission, behind everything we do.
We're looking for a full time retoucher to handle post-production of all Away ecommerce and print photography including product, campaign, social, and Here magazine. This individual will be responsible for carrying out assigned post-production needs as well as monitoring and ensuring quality of all image assets. This opportunity is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a fast moving environment and thrives in going above and beyond to perfect imagery through post-production while juggling multiple tasks at once.
This position will report directly to our Senior Producer and work from our headquarters in NoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Retouch all campaign, product, and social assets with a keen eye for details, sometimes under tight turnarounds
- Handle all color correction, alignment to creative templates/designs, and renaming files
- Assist with on-set shoot production as needed, sometimes as digital tech or retouching on-site
- Implement and maintain archive structure to ensure consistency and organization across multiple team needs
- Oversee the delivery of assets, including renaming, resizing, and optimizing for web vs. print, while cross-checking against briefs to ensure all deliverables are correct.
- Regularly QA images on the site; troubleshoot with key stakeholders to quickly solve any issues with imagery
- Support roll-out and archival of assets on our digital asset management system
Who you are:
- 4-5 years of previous e-commerce and print photography retouching experience
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, Premiere); expert eye for detail when retouching mid to high level compositing, product silos, on-model, and still life
- Working knowledge of digital photography and equipment, both in and out of a studio environment.
- Extremely organized, self sufficient, and an independent thinker; also able to take direction and work well within a small team
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively across multiple teams and handling a variety of requests
- Ability to offer creative solutions, is proactive and shows initiative
- Experienced with animation and motion a bonus
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.