Senior Art Director, Photography at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Senior Art Director at Peloton, you will be responsible for the development, presentation, and creation of visual assets that will be used across advertising channels including but not limited to: native app, email, print, social, and paid media. This role will be responsible for overseeing and developing various visual deliverables across marketing. The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye, a strong creative thinker and innovator, and a solid attention to styling, branding, typography, and passion for marketing. They will collaborate closely with Peloton’s internal creative team and work along side, creative directors, stakeholders, designers, copy writers, editors, and retouchers.
The successful candidate will possess a sharp creative eye and be a creative thinker and innovator. They are responsible for ensuring that all artwork and content produced meets both the creative and stakeholders brief at the highest-quality production value and in the most efficient and timely manner.
Foster a culture and an environment that is conducive to creative development
- Present concepts to clients, attend and/or lead client meetings and pitches as well as plan, develop, and defend creative recommendations, goals, and timelines
- Collaborate with UX, photographers, illustrators, content writers and more, with grace and ease to execute creative and innovative ideas and ensure they are on strategy and on schedule
- Maintain accurate and current knowledge of new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Work in conjunction with Creative Director to insure the success of active projects.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Content Marketing, PR, apparel and have a deep understanding of seasonal messaging strategies in order to develop concepts, designs and art direction to support the strategy
- Provide strategic visual solutions for marketing materials such as paid, email, social, marketing landing pages, site/app refreshes, print and OOH.
- Apply conceptual thinking and creativity to complex business problems and briefs from conception to production.
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- Elevates and evolves brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead and stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Will provide direction on-set to multiple people producing video or photo assets
- Be a proactive problem solver and thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- 5+ years of experience in art directing fashion photo shoots
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media.
- Commanding knowledge of fashion industry and pop culture trends and deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design and typography
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within ecommerce and apparel
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to formulate innovative ideas and provide clear direction and recommendations
- Strong understanding of creative production timelines, budgets and needs to ensure a productive on-set experience and output while maximizing video and still assets across the ecosystem
- Ability to manage, grow and develop a team of individuals that have various creative backgrounds and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Must have existing and extensive relationships with external talent/vendors within the industry--photographers, directors, illustrators, animators, CGI and post-production houses, and any of their corresponding representation.
- Demonstrated complete understanding of:
- Color theory and color relationships.
- Typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
- Perspective and space relationships.
- Page composition and grid structures.
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques and file prep procedures·
- Photography and the photographic creative and production process
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.