Senior Art Director
Squarespace is equally defined by its products and the advertising campaigns that promote and explain them. From the Emmy award-winning John Malkovich work, to last year’s Super Bowl ad featuring Keanu Reeves, creating buzzy and beautifully designed communications is a top priority.
As we continue to build our in-house creative team, we’re looking for senior advertising art directors who are strategically and conceptually strong, fluent in their craft and able to work across a wide range of deliverables including TV, print, radio, out of home, social, digital, partnerships and events.
Existing art director/copywriter teams are also welcome to apply.
- 8+ years of experience as an advertising art director at agencies, studios or in-house.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables, including TV/video.
- Impeccable writing craft.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and sell work to stakeholders.
- Broad awareness of trends in culture and technology.
- Experience running productions and partnering with directors, photographers, motion designers and illustrators.
- Interest in mentoring more junior creatives to help elevate their work.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.