Senior Art Director at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is looking for a strategic and conceptual Senior Art Director to support our creative team across our NYC offices.
As we continue to expand and disrupt the luxury e-commerce space, we are looking for a driven, creative, and collaborative team player and leader who has a defined vision and aesthetic. Reporting directly to our Creative Director, the position will be tasked with ideating and developing strategic, original ideas and briefs for our multi-channel marketing campaigns for TV, print, OOH, brand marketing, social media, and retail. Additionally, this role requires fluency in the luxury retail space, brand strategy, project management, and vendor management.
The Senior Art Director will be a critical part of the pitch process and support day-to-day relations with a number of cross-functional teams including copy, photography, buying, & e-commerce. You will be expected to develop ideas that may range from interactive installations to theatrical programming to social media campaigns and to propose talent, artists, and special partnerships to make those ideas shine. This position will report directly to the Creative Director based in NYC. We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the experience.
In support of our mission, we’re seeking a strategic and conceptual Senior Art Director to join the Creative team.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and develop market-leading experiential solutions, visual strategy, and programs for Moda Operandi
- Independently digest client briefs and translate them into proposal decks, owning the artistic direction, strategy, proposal structure, consumer journey, and copy
- Collaborate with other departments in the company, including Video, Editorial, Photo, Talent, and PR to develop creative marketing solutions, fusing digital content and physical events
- Present and pitch creative strategy work to clients and internal stakeholders, leading deliverables on pre-sale proposals and sold programs
- Support on the outreach and curation of collaborations, programming, and special projects with emerging artists, collectives, performers, technologists, and designers
- Bring big ideas to the table that shape the space, excite our community, and cement Moda Operandi as a global brand leader
- Collaborate with both strategy and channel leads to understand channel best practices in order to deliver creative that meets our business goals and satisfies our brand approach from top to bottom
- Concept and execute any/all materials for a brand campaign or product launch, including TV, print, OOH, brand marketing, social media, retail, and more
- Partner with Creative Director and strategy leads to build out insightful creative platforms that successfully stretch across multiple channels
- Collaborate with and guide art direction teams in maintaining and iterating on Moda Operandi’s brand identity
- Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides a team of creatives to always reach for the highest brand standards
- Partner closely with other disciplines within the Creative team including Brand Design, Copy, Production, and UX
- Collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders throughout Moda Operandi to ensure cross-functional integration and strategic implementation of the brand
Who You Have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing and creative strategy within a creative agency or in-house creative team
- Equipped with a strong sense of design aesthetic
- Creator of a strong and dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once
- Excited by and thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- Hardworking with a “no task is too small” attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Proven track record of supporting successful projects that drove results and created a positive experience
- Fluency in the pitch process including deck-making, client-facing presenting, and copywriting
- A strong eye for imagery, storytelling, talent selection, and storyboarding
- Ability to translate cultural and consumer insights with a focus on a luxury consumer audience into relevant and successful concepts
- Adaptive to changing workloads and assignments with a strong ability to prioritize work and resources across small creative tasks to larger deliverables
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ready to take initiative and work independently while also providing creative support to senior team members
- Comprehensive awareness and love of emerging platforms and technologies, changing formats, and innovative ways to bring ideas to life beyond traditional and digital media
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women and men to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi’s mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses and consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Moda’s platform carries more than 1,000 brands and designers across fashion, fine jewelry and home, ships to 125 countries, and has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established and emerging designers, straight from the runway and designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace and “Trunkshow” model. This model utilizes both technology and a team of dedicated personal stylists to provide bespoke luxury shopping services. As a global platform connecting creators, curators, and consumers, Moda Operandi is redefining how luxury fashion is bought and sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025.
We have an opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally, while investing heavily in technology, data, and customer experience, to innovate the core platform and delight customers. Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments, and Condé Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology and data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, and increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.