Senior Brand Designer at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
As Senior Brand Designer you will support the day-to-day design needs of TpT’s marketing team and serve as a steward of the TpT brand and its extensions. You’ll collaborate with a diverse team of stakeholders, marketers, copywriters, product designers, and researchers to deliver quality design solutions that align with overall marketing strategy and meet clearly defined performance goals.
- Create visual design solutions that solve both user and business needs to increase the visibility and brand equity of TpT.
- Provide designs that yield a cohesive user and customer experience across all TpT brand touchpoints online and offline.
- Contribute to all phases of the creative process from initial concept definition to execution and production.
- Participate in group work sessions to generate concepts for marketing campaigns, promotional events, conferences, and social media marketing efforts.
- Develop and deliver brand and marketing assets for a wide range of projects and stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Contribute to and maintain the system of TpT brand guidelines, style guides, and design toolkits.
- Document detailed design specifications for digital and print production, as well as archival purposes.
- Evangelize the virtues, character and quality of our brands and provide guidance to both designers and non-designers throughout the organization.
- Actively participate in all group design critiques and cross-functional feedback sessions by presenting work and contributing feedback for others.
- Contribute to overall marketing team growth, marketing strategy, and achievement of specified OKRs.
- 3+ years of brand / marketing design experience in a similar role, agency, or organization
- BA degree in Design is preferred
- A blended skill set of visual design for print materials, basic UI design, copywriting, illustration, and basic user interview skills
- Strong understanding of brand principles and how to create a branded system for marketing campaigns and sub brands.
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with established brand guidelines, style guides, voice and tone guidelines, and design systems
- Proven track record of collaborating successfully with cross-functional teams to launch, market, and drive adoption of products
- Ability to exhibit strong judgement and decision making skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch App, and Marvel
- A comprehensive portfolio of design case studies that showcase early concepts and iterations, supporting user research, performance metrics, and design processes used throughout the duration of each project.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.