Senior Brand Designer
Location: New York, NY or Durham, NC
Policygenius is on the hunt for a Senior Brand Designer to bring our visual identity to life wherever customers experience our brand. The Senior Brand Designer will ensure Policygenius’s consistent visual identity across marketing collateral, offline branding, and digital products. They will work on the Brand team and report to the Director of Brand Design. This is a chance to join a growing team, and help make Policygenius a household name through world-class brand experience.
In this role, you will…
- Partner with Marketing, Product and Brand team members ensuring that our brand is consistently represented in key moments within our experience.
- Lead the visual design of marketing collateral; inclusive of online and offline assets (Paid Social, Display, Influencer, OOH, Youtube, and other high-volume channels)
- Work cross-functionally with our Marketing channel owners to understand the impact that your design work has on key business goals and actively apply those learnings to future creative you develop.
- Steward the implementation and evolution of our brand guidelines, allowing for flexibility and scalability.
- Field asset requests from Product Design (eg icon, illustrations, photography), and work with the Director of Brand Design to develop new assets where needed.
- Collaborate with other designers, welcome feedback from our team, and be an evangelist for design at Policygenius.
- Support additional brand requests for internal teams
- Follow design trends, with an eye toward experimentation with emerging tools and techniques.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 5+ years prior brand design experience, 2+ years with a growth stage B2C business
- You have a portfolio of your work with marketing collateral examples (may include Paid Social, Display, Influencer, OOH, Youtube, direct mail and other high-volume channels)
- You're a skilled hands-on visual designer who can go from strategy to high-fidelity execution, drawing on years of experience. Your background spans campaign work and digital product design. You’re familiar with an agile workflow and comfortable speaking to your design decisions.
- You love the opportunity to create new campaigns and bring our visual identity conceptually. You know how to make a brand not just beautiful, but distinct and memorable.
- You know how to incorporate photography (branded + stock) and illustration (branded) into our site and marketing, and have been on the production end of creating brand assets.
- You're proficient with design tools including Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects) and Figma. Cinema 4D a plus.
- Sophisticated design aesthetic with a passion for typography, strong composition skills, and an understanding of grids and color theory
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once
- You're comfortable in a very fast-paced environment, and balance high standards with knowing when “good enough” is sufficient.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!