Senior Design Researcher at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are looking for an expert design researcher. As such, you have strong skills and significant mileage in the full range from formative to evaluative research, ethnographic to usability studies. You should have significant experience in data-informed, membership-based companies. You are passionate about a new approach to physical, digital, and service design. You'll be a champion of collaboration, and have a mutual respect while working with any department related to your team’s mission.
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to make a real impact across many different communities and cultures with the work that you're doing? Join us in our New York City headquarters and we’ll provide the resources you need in order to bring out the best in your talents and skills.
- Collaborate with designers, data analysts, product managers, and engineers on the development of physical spaces, digital products, and service.
- Work with the community team that leads the day-to-day operations of WeWork locations worldwide.
- Have 8+ years experience in design research, user research, human factors, usability or related field
- Embeds and is responsible for the research for a key product line or mission
- Delivers actionable insights at both tactical and strategic levels
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science
- Able to execute a wide range of user research activities
- Experience researching across software, hardware, physical, and/or human interactions
Nice To Have
- Experience facilitating design sprints, workshops and brainstorming sessions
- Has researched for communication around a service, selecting complex, bespoke products, and/or improving sales for membership related services (e.g. gym, travel, etc.) at least once
- Active in the design and user experience communities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.