Senior Design Technologist at Squarespace
Squarespace seeks a Design Technologist to help us push the boundaries of what a web experience can be. You’re constantly learning and mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, and applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time writing code, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction. The Web Concepts team creates and implements new ways to express our customers’ brand in our product. Working closely with our designers, design technologists create and develop new ways to express content and styles in our product. We take our ideas from hypothesis to prototype using experimentation, and incorporate successful projects into Squarespace’s own websites (e.g. Squarespace.com), our product, and partnership sites (e.g. PlayingLynch.com, DreamingWithJeff.com).
- Identify and define prospective web experience projects.
- Build fully-functioning prototypes of those experiences.
- Collaborate with designers to incorporate them into production.
- 5-10 years of experience
- You have personally developed a variety of stunning web and/or interactive experiences from concept to launch
- You are an expert in high performance graphics, especially in-browser (e.g. WebGL, SVG Animations, CSS Animations, etc)
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously and in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics and styles.
- Familiarity with design tools a plus (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience in a digital creative agency doing development work is a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.