Senior Designer — Brand/Marketing at Slice
What is Slice?
Slice is the only technology and marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile and web ordering experience for consumers, and by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, and marketing to compete with big chains and grow their business. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
What you'll do:
As a Senior Designer at Slice, you’ll help develop, energize, elevate, and continually evolve the Slice brand through thoughtful visual storytelling and performance-driven design. You recognize that being an excellent, organized, efficient designer and possessing advanced technical prowess are table stakes. Beyond those attributes, you’re a critical thinker who adds value beyond the literal ask. You see yourself as an equal player in each marketing communication, collaborating closely with copywriting and other disciplines. You show ownership of each design without getting possessive and defend without getting defensive. You understand that the key to great design is great communication and you make it a point to understand consumers and restaurant owners so that your work is compelling, relevant, and meaningful to your audience. You will work closely with a dynamic marketing team and report to the Senior Art Director.
- Undertake a wide breadth of marketing executions, email design, swag, social media content, restaurant marketing collateral and signage, iconography, event signage, photo editing, one sheeters, animated GIFs, infographics, presentations, and more.
- Translate technical/operational info into visually stimulating communications.
- Own and project manage your campaign deliverables from briefings, creative kick-offs, and initial stakeholder meetings, through full job cycle to final execution, deployment and then on to post project analysis.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales stakeholders to deliver visual solutions that critically impact the growth of our product.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of visual design experience, ideally working with the marketing team of a technology-forward consumer brand or related agency client.
- An impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills and a wide breadth of executions.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, photo retouching, and lightweight illustration.
- Design experience that spans both digital and print, including artwork preparation for print and digital.
- Strong expertise in sourcing and leveraging on-brand original and stock photography for marketing initiatives.
- A deep understanding of how to apply the methodologies of design and research to solve key business problems.
- Comfortable shifting gears quickly and juggling multiple priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, Acrobat.
- Experience with motion graphics/animation (Adobe Premiere, After Effects) a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Trello a plus.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience.
- Willing to step outside comfort zone in order to achieve best results for company, the task at hand, and for personal growth.
- A strong commitment to teamwork.
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 and has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder and CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends and family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, and investors — all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers and eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization and pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge and cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform and voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, and fill the world with authentic cuisine. When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains and robotic trucks because the quality, variety, and authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient and known worldwide. We believe pizza isn’t just food. It’s a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
We’re growing our family every day — so, if you’ve got a passion for local, authentic pizza and the drive to help share it with the world, we’d love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.