What You’ll Do:
- This is a hands-on design role. Your initial focus will be on the end-to-end execution of OTC products and associated packaging, such as: primary and secondary containers including boxes, sachets and bottles; labels; informational inserts; usage guides; promotional items and more. You’ll work closely with a cross-functional team to bring them to market through new product launches and product line extensions.
- You’ll work on progressively optimizing existing products by considering all of the users in the fulfillment chain, including: our members, our supply chain operations, our manufacturers. You’ll use your expertise to drive towards business and cost objectives without compromising the overall user experience.
- You’ll support strategic design initiatives, such as hardening our philosophy on sustainability, consolidating form factors/packaging types and evolving design standards, processes and systems.
- You’ll be tasked with production updates to artwork and dielines. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining design assets across our growing library of mechanical files with a focus on accuracy, precision and scalability.
- You’ll represent Ro while interacting with external vendors, production partners and subject matter experts.
What You’ll Bring:
- A portfolio of past print and packaging design work featuring a modern and minimalist aesthetic.
- Experience working on packaging design projects from start to finish. From requirement gathering and concept visualization, to stakeholder input and feedback synthesis, to the creation of final artwork and proofing. Bonus points for case studies showcasing the full design and development process of a new consumer packaged good or OTC product.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with extended groups of stakeholders. Knowledge of product development, marketing, graphic design and branding principles is required.
- An ability to make data-driven decisions that are grounded in business context and hold up to scrutiny.
- Technical knowledge pursuant to print and manufacturing processes, materials and structural design, creation and management of mechanical files using Adobe Creative Suite. Comfortable or familiar with 3D software such as MOI, Rhino or Blender for concept visualization and the ability to do rough paper/physical prototyping.
- A desire to learn the ins and outs of health care packaging regulations and a systems mindset that’s up for the challenge of managing dependencies that compound with every product we add to our portfolio.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen