Senior Designer at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about crafting authentic and inspiring brand experiences.
The DigitalOcean brand is loved and trusted by millions of developers around the world. We are looking for a Senior Designer to report into our Creative Director to help us deepen our connection to this audience and expand the appeal of the DO brand to SMBs, technical startup founders and other entrepreneurs.What You’ll Be Doing:
As Senior Designer on the brand creative team, you will use DO’s strong aesthetic tradition as a starting point to build ever more visionary, delightful, useful and relevant experiences. As Senior Designer, you will take an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members, provide art direction to other designers, and work with program managers and other team members to plan and execute creative in a way that answers the needs of the business. You will embrace a full spectrum of project types and timelines, from well-planned large scale halo pieces to urgent churn-and-burn production work.
You are someone who actively influences your own development. You’re looking for a team where you have the opportunity to grow and seek out new ways to contribute to your field, your colleagues, the company and its mission.What We’ll Expect From You:
- Extensive experience or proven maturity in designing brand systems for products and services
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter in multi-dimensional experiences for web, print, motion and environmental
- Jedi skills with relevant design software and proof of continuous learning and a desire to adopt new tools
- Proven track record of proactive problem solving in ambiguous situations or challenging circumstances
- Broad knowledge of how content and layout translate to effective communication
- Fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits
- Strong ability to work with clients, marketers, executives, and fellow creatives
- Self-motivation, excellent and effective communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Potential or experience leading complex projects and teams
- A love of collaboration and learning and a fearless and positive attitude
- Demonstrates a passion for brand, experiences, products, services and content
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Has thoughtful examples which convincingly explain abstract concepts
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to check out our dribbble page? Click here!
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!