Senior Digital Designer at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, and other internet professionals.
The Digital Experience (DX) team’s goal is to deliver delightful digital customer experiences as the primary steward of DO’s brand across our WWW and the Community properties. As a Senior Designer, reporting to the DX Design Manager, your role will be to design web experiences, graphics, diagrams, illustrations, and other designs that help grow and support the DO brand while enabling our potential customers to engage with our products and services.
As one of your core long-term projects, you will also be working with our team to update and create an improved learner experience on our world-class developer community site (https://www.digitalocean.com/community). DigitalOcean has one of the world’s largest developer community sites that always remains free to learners, and amazing content and dev tools are added every single day. DigitalOcean’s community site inspires and empowers millions of people across the globe each month, and we are seeking a designer to partner with our Community Site PM and related teams to create an improved user experience to inspire even more of our users to learn from and contribute valuable content to our site experience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role will help shape the future of DigitalOcean. If you’re excited about tackling new challenges with a growing world-class brand, we want to hear from you.
- Executing visual designs from concept to final hand-off
- Carefully reviewing stakeholder requests to get necessary design clarifications in a timely manner
- Partnering with the Community PM, UX researcher, developers, and content creators to create a true community learning platform experience
- Collaborating with and mentoring designers on projects that provide support to developers during the implementation of design/dev changes
- Developing and fostering consistency with our brand guidelines and design systems
- Optimizing the brand and customer engagement across the community and www platforms
- Presenting and defending designs and key deliverables to stakeholders
- Caring about the details, while still moving fast and getting the job done
- Effectively managing project tickets and deadlines
- Portfolio website highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Genuine excitement for the developer experience
- Strong art direction and creative direction skills
- Can consistently craft multiple visual solutions for the same task utilizing testing and team feedback to find the most effective direction
- Experience producing a family of creative options from illustrated or verbal ideas
- Participate in brainstorming sessions as a trusted creative thinker. A vocal leader that can offer strategic arguments for design decisions and defend them with understandable visual best practices and real-world data
- Effective process management
- On-time delivery production-ready prototypes in a consistent manner
- Able to prioritize tasks, and stay on schedule without external guidance
- Can adapt design team processes to fit project needs and share successful iteration with the team. Bring ideas to the table that are well thought out and organized with a plan for production
- Incorporate existing brand guidelines and components to deliver refined visual concepts
- Exhibit a team-forward mindset. Love your work and show it by paying attention to details and being punctual for meetings and deadlines
- A true collaborator
- Able to collaborate closely with the Community Site PM and the extended Marketing organization on projects to drive toward an overarching team strategy and goals
- Experience presenting concepts and coordinating revisions based on feedback from stakeholders and executives
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the digital design industry
- Experience using Figma, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating and implementing a Design System
- Experience working with a learning platform is a plus, but not required
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!