Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Spring Health is looking for a Sr. Director of Product Design to lead and continue building our Product Design Team. In this role you will be in charge of setting the design vision, strategy, workflow, and team structure to create beautiful, thoughtful, and impactful experiences that meet the needs of our members, caregivers, and customers. You will also work to enable streamlined collaboration among our designers and our product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale. You will help us define an empathetic culture and attract the best design talent.
What You’ll Do
- Product design team leadership and mentoring: Great design and UX are core to Spring Health, and you will lead a team of experienced product designers to execute on our goals. You will also be a great designer yourself. Teach the soft and hard skills that shape leaders to become the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering while also developing their core competencies.
- Hiring: Hire excellent people and build the systems for you (and others) to effectively evaluate and hire designers and researchers who can take Spring Health to new levels of excellence.
- Cross-functional collaboration: You will partner closely with the leaders of product, engineering, marketing/branding, customer success, and sales to define a narrative that inspires creativity amongst your team and unlocks their potential as well as that of Spring Health.
- Vision and ideation: You will work closely with Spring Health’s founders to ideate on the future of design and UX in the Spring Health experience.
- Culture: Have fun and build a culture of belonging, wellness, diversity, equity, inclusion, and career growth for the product design organization.
- Operational effectiveness: Set the bar high and help product teams ship at that quality with minimal impact on velocity. Increase the efficiency of the entire team and be the example-setter where your processes will be celebrated, emulated, and copied by teams throughout the organization.
- Lead with customer obsession, guide towards strong user experience, and strategically leverage user research.
What We Are Looking For
- 12+ years of relevant experience including 4+ years of experience managing managers of multiple design teams
- Successfully supporting and scaling teams across Product Design and User Research
- Demonstrate strategies for organizational planning and approaches to strengthen team capacity
- Proven experience transforming defined customer needs and business goals into estimated plans with appropriate resources
- Inclusion of quantitative and qualitative data in the design process
- Capable of coaching teams through planning processes, collaborating cross-functionally, and prioritizing impact
- A track record of getting others to be involved with and contribute to the design and research process
- In-depth knowledge of human-centered design practices, research methodologies, and design tools
- Presentation and communication skills suited for our executive team
- Create a learning environment where designers grow and expand skill-sets, techniques, and tools
Bonus, but not required:
- Healthcare experience
What We Offer
- A chance to help millions of people live healthier, longer, and happier lives
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with thousands engaged patients
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive compensation plan: including equity in the company: we want you to own a piece of what you’re building
- Comprehensive benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible vacation plan: our open vacation-policy allows you to take the time off you need when you need it
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Spring Health will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa, H-1 visa, or STEM OPT extension.