Senior Director, UX Design and Research at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
What you've done before:
- 10+ years of hands-on UX design experience across web and mobile platforms
- 5+ years of leading the UX design and research function and directly managing a large design team
- Extensive experience collaborating across the organization to understand business and user needs - excellent stakeholder management
- Track record of establishing design standards and systems that guide the design practice for large design teams
- Track record of influencing stakeholders in and out of product development to ensure necessary UX investment and quality are achieved
- Formal training in UX design and research methodologies
- Experience providing design direction across web, mobile, and other interaction modes (voice, wearable, etc.)
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Collaborate across the organization to understand the compelling opportunities for innovating within our users’ experience (customer success, sales, data / AI experts, product managers, engineering leaders).
- Ensure product development has a clear understanding of user roles, personas, needs, behaviors, so that we are all building from a place of insight.
- Create compelling design direction for what the user experience needs to be end to end (across DataMinr products, platforms (mobile, web, voice, etc.) and locales). Set standards that ensure we are designing a complete and high-quality experience in every project.
- Form design projects that meet the needs of the company roadmap, and determine where the roadmap needs to be expanded to drive innovation in the UX.
- Organize and build a high-performing UX design and research team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.