Senior Experience Designer at Thoughtworks
Thoughtworks is a pioneer in integrating experience design with agile software delivery. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the discipline needed to get high-quality working software into the hands of our clients and customers. Designers at Thoughtworks creatively solve the right problems. We work collaboratively to deliver bespoke software and take on the most challenging problems our clients have.
- You will play an active role in the delivery and design of technology projects that transform how our clients work while developing new digital products and services
- Collaborate with small, cross-functional teams to create a wide range of experience design deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, prototypes and design systems
- You will facilitate workshops, develop unique design strategies for products and take part in making strategic decisions at the portfolio level
- Behind the scenes, you will apply various research methods such as context analysis, moderated interviews, experiments and user tests
- Set up inspiring design hypotheses for delivery teams that consist of both Thoughtworkers and our customers
- Ensure that project scope, risks and updates are regularly assessed and communicated
- Balance client and Thoughtworker expectations by clearly communicating experience design deliverables
- Extend your expertise to teammates by supporting less-experienced designers when possible
- Advocate experience design expertise to the broader community outside of Thoughtworks, speaking at conferences, webinars, meetups and more
- You're well versed in all things experience design with specialities in at least three additional areas such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other design-related disciplines
- You're comfortable leading and advising research activities on experience design projects, employing different methods such as contextual inquiry, moderated interviews, experiments, user testing, etc.
- You are an experienced storyteller able to clearly present your research methods and it's findings to your stakeholders
- You bring an inspiring, unique approach to product design and love facilitating client brainstorms and internal sessions with your team
- You're happy to design solo or collaborate with designers/developers to create a wide range of experience design deliverables
- You understand the importance of stakeholder management and can easily liaise between clients and other key stakeholders throughout projects, ensuring buy-in and gaining trust along the way
- A knack for communicating and defining project roles to your design teammates with the ability to build confidence in others
- A passion for contributing to the growing experience design community at Thoughtworks through peer reviews, expanding design teams' understanding of group dynamics and ensuring consistency in the quality of design
- We would love it if you shared a portfolio link that showcases your expertise in Digital products - Web and Mobile. Enterprise / SaaS Experience in your field is essential.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.