Senior Experience Designer
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The Growth UX team at Rent the Runway is changing the way women get dressed every day. We craft a welcoming experience for prospective customers that helps them understand how renting can transform their everyday lives.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a smart and curious Senior Experience Designer with demonstrated experience managing UX projects in a collaborative environment. You’re the perfect candidate for the role if you have discerning taste in interfaces, interaction design and digital experiences. You also can perform under pressure, act with professionalism, maturity, and have the ability to seamlessly manage complex digital initiatives, all while bringing energy and creativity to work each day.
As part of the Growth team, you’ll play a crucial role in defining the new user experience on-site and in-app. You’ll think holistically about the customer acquisition journey, and work collaboratively with Marketing, Product, and Engineering to build out and test design solutions throughout the conversion funnel. You should be able to apply blue-sky, big picture thinking to design problems, while also understanding and working within technical constraints.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage UX initiatives that drive growth and new customer acquisition
- Lead discovery sessions to define business and project objectives, and explore potential solutions
- Lead and manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, and moderating users)
- Manage various UX deliverables throughout the lifecycle of a project, from brief to launch: Research, audits, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, campaign flows and functional specs
- Work closely with UI and UX Writing to develop complete design solutions
- Develop presentations articulating experience strategy, opportunities and how usability relates to a larger brand experience
- Interface and lead projects with product managers, designers, brand managers, and developers
- 4+ years of experience working in a consumer-focused business/product or agency environment
- Strong understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables
- Strong understanding of conversion funnels, the role of organic v. paid acquisition
- Ability to create and present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written skills to be able to communicate to both technical and non-technical savvy audience members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Ability to critique the quality of both UX and visual designs to improve the final product
- Experience creating immersive websites, mobile websites, mobile applications, experiential elements and paid media campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives and guiding decisions for new enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need