Illustrators on the Brand Design team are responsible for creating visuals that elevate the Datadog brand. We conceptualize and execute illustrations that grab the attention of our blog readers, while maintaining a high standard within our work. We develop and contribute new ideas that help to evolve our style and grow our brand. The Brand Design team is a close-knit group that shares a passion for our craft, supported by a culture that sees illustration as an integral part of Datadog's success. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we collaborate within our team and with various other teams across the company. Check out our work!
We are looking for an experienced, talented senior illustrator with a proven understanding of brand illustration to join our growing design team. You will collaborate with a team of designers, writers, and engineers to create original pieces of artwork to bring our brand and content to life.
You will be responsible for translating complex technical concepts into simple, clear illustrations that communicate in clever and unexpected ways. You must be able to think conceptually and produce idea-driven illustrations and adapt to our brand illustration style.
- Collaborate with the Writing team to develop editorial illustrations and designs for blog posts
- Conceptualize, sketch, and execute detailed illustrations for internal marketing teams
- Work to evolve and codify our brand’s illustrated visual language
- Create various illustrated assets such as logos, icons, and wallpapers
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional illustrator at an agency, tech company, or similar team setting
- BFA and/or MFA in illustration or design, or relevant work experience
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to work independently, implement and internalize art direction and feedback, and bring new creative ideas to the table
- Excellent illustration, color, and composition skills
- Enthusiasm for the work
- Curiosity and motivation to learn about complex technical topics
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with animation tools
- Experience with 3D tools
- UI design
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.