Senior Interaction Designer at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
Interaction Designers are the foundation of any great product. You will work closely with UX designers, researchers, product managers and front-end developers to integrate intuitive, responsive, and delightful interfaces and user flows on some of the world’s biggest travel websites.
At <intent> we believe in user-centered design. As a member of the UX team, you will be a champion for the user, and use your technical acumen and design aesthetic to push our products to better meet the user’s needs. We bring real users into the office every week, and we collect millions of interaction data points every day, so you will get to work with researchers and analysts to understand users and build products in an iterative, agile way.
As a leader in Data Science, <intent> will also put you in the forefront of the exciting overlap between DS and UX, exploring how powerful data insights and empathy for the user can create better experiences.
- Collaborate daily with other UX designers and researchers, product managers and front-end engineers;
- Create and implement new styles, interactions, animations, and details to help deliver the perfect experience;
- Work closely with front-end engineers to ensure flawless execution of design details;
- Build prototypes of various levels of fidelity to assist in user research;
- Contribute to and improve our internal design system.
- 3-5 full years of experience designing for the web or mobile;
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to advocate for the user in our products;
- Solid design sense and attention to detail for UI elements and artifacts;
- Demonstrated skill developing fluid and responsive user interfaces, and intuitive user flows;
- Expertise in at least one modern design tool (Sketch, XD or Figma) and in at least one prototyping tool and / or animation tool (Invision, Framer, Origami, etc.);
- Experience working on agile teams, familiar with lean methodologies.
- Experience working with a design system or atomic design principles;
- Strong knowledge of SVG and CSS;
- Experience building HTML + CSS prototypes.
- Comfort working with quantitative data, and pulling insights (Tableau, SQL, A/B testing)
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!