Senior Interaction Designer
Interaction Designers are the foundation of any great product. You will work closely with UX designers, researchers, product managers and front-end developers to integrate intuitive, responsive, and delightful interfaces and user flows on some of the world’s biggest travel websites.
As a leader in Data Science,
- Collaborate daily with other UX designers and researchers, product managers and front-end engineers;
- Create and implement new styles, interactions, animations, and details to help deliver the perfect experience;
- Work closely with front-end engineers to ensure flawless execution of design details;
- Build prototypes of various levels of fidelity to assist in user research;
- Contribute to and improve our internal design system.
- 3-5 full years of experience designing for the web or mobile;
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to advocate for the user in our products;
- Solid design sense and attention to detail for UI elements and artifacts;
- Demonstrated skill developing fluid and responsive user interfaces, and intuitive user flows;
- Expertise in at least one modern design tool (Sketch, XD or Figma) and in at least one prototyping tool and / or animation tool (Invision, Framer, Origami, etc.);
- Experience working on agile teams, familiar with lean methodologies.
- Experience working with a design system or atomic design principles;
- Strong knowledge of SVG and CSS;
- Experience building HTML + CSS prototypes.
- Comfort working with quantitative data, and pulling insights (Tableau, SQL, A/B testing)
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!