Senior Motion and Visual Designer at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Design
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Senior Motion and Visual Designer
As Senior Motion and Visual Designer, you’ll bring to life moments of delight in marketing and our product through motion on a wide variety of projects, putting your incredible eye for design, impactful and cutting edge animation techniques to good use. You’ll join a dynamic team of innovative visual and experience designers as well as developers, working to bring our user experience to the next level. The Senior Motion and Visual Designer will liaise directly with our Marketing & Communications teams to create the most compelling and creative ad, social, and video content. Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for defining how the world views Gemini, evangelizing and educating users about the innovative industry of blockchain and crypto.
This designer will be focused on marketing and brand design while collaborating across the product design team. This individual will support business goals related to brand building, and brand recognition. They will also contribute to building the Gemini brand and have the ability to creatively express the brand across a variety of mediums.
- Composite and render motion graphics to support marketing and products needs
- Utilize animation, production, live action footage, editing and sound design to execute projects
- Create and revise design of still frames and storyboards
- Design visual boards for animation
- Work with product design team to craft UI motion behaviors and animations that orient, guide, and add delight for customers
- Address all necessary feedback and follow up with manager and our development team
- Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications
- Execute design work to ensure final deliverables meet Gemini standards
- Delivery multiple mediums of work, spanning from 2D title and super animation, 2D/3D character and motion design/animation that may be output for TV Broadcast, HD Video, social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Youtube, Twitter, etc)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in motion/animation, 3D rendering and visual design
- Is a master of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and Cinema 4D, as well as emerging interactive design trends
- Demonstrates an in-depth, understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, motion and interaction design
- Understands file compression, viewing specifications, and delivery of all media formats
- Collaborated with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Copywriters to develop stories and create storyboards and design elements
- You have executed original motion graphics, animations, and visual effects for content on all media channels
- Experience concepting unique ideas for video and motion graphic assignments and advertising campaigns.
- High level of craft and attention to detail is required
- Excellent time management with strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills
- An ability to explore multiple solutions for complex problems
- Team player and self-starter with a hunger for collaboration across all disciplines of design, marketing, product and engineering
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should demonstrate your contributions to motion and visual design.
- Hard worker with a heavy dose of humility
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.