Senior Motion Designer
Squarespace is powered by design. We offer an environment where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything. We are looking for a Senior Motion Designer to bring our products and brand to life through animations, prototypes, and videos. You have conceptual design skills and the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You respect the details, have a passion for the power of design, and an understanding of how one affects the other. You’re always learning and mastering new tools as a means to work towards your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, and applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design inspires you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
You will report to the Senior Design Manager in our New York office.
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences and help tell stories.
- Create animations and videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal projects and brand campaign work, including campaign microsites and social.
- Collaborate with designers and writers to craft stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to incorporate animations and prototypes into production.
- You foresee design and motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI and UX experience.
- You are an expert in After Effects and maybe also know some Premiere Pro, Final Cut or DaVinci.
- 3D skills in Cinema 4D or the like are a bonus.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, and motion graphics/animation.
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously and in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design and can execute against a variety of aesthetics.
- Create animations for advertising/marketing work across several platforms (digital, social media, etc).
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.