Senior Motion Graphics Artist at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Senior Video Editor/Motion Graphics Artist to help define and execute the role of video and animation within our brand and marketing creative. As Orchards continues to transform real estate and create raving fans, video will be a cornerstone of how we tell our stories. This is the ideal role for someone who loves the narrative power of video editing and the innovative artistry of motion graphics and animation. The ideal candidate will have experience in narrative, documentary, advertising editing and motion graphics creation. This is a full-time role that will report to the Creative Director and is based out of our growing NYC office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Apply our existing (and help evolve) brand style guides to video and motion formats
- Apply your storytelling skills to a wide variety of content from broadcast commercials, to customer testimonials, to long-form product videos and eye-catching social media ads
- Collaborate with an incredible group of creatives and marketers who respect your skills and experience, and are excited to help you along your career growth journey
- Communicate openly with our productions to ensure the assets you receive allow you to do your best work for our brand
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 7+ years of experience with any of the top 3 editing platforms (Premiere, FCP, Avid)
- 5+ years of experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects (3D experience is a huge plus)
- A wide-ranging portfolio of personal and professional work that touches on narrative, documentary, and advertising
- A great eye for design, including color, layout, and typography
- A willingness to be a player/coach -- you love having your own projects but are also comfortable giving feedback and guidance to teammates, freelancers, and more
- A business mindset -- you’ll help us build a world-class brand AND drive our numbers up. You’ll support the whole business, so a willingness to do more than be an awesome creative is essential
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.