Senior Packaging Designer at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a well-rounded, experienced Senior Packaging Designer to lead the ideation, development, design and execution of all packaging. Our ideal candidate is a conceptual, detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs packaging toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the smaller, thoughtful details that enhance the consumer experience. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience as part of an in-house team and has managed the full scope of the packaging design and development process. The role will report to our Design Director, Packaging and Retail, and will be based out of our HQ in New York.
- Maintain, evolve and iterate on a cohesive, elevated design system that heroes our product and ensures brand consistency across all packaging touchpoints
- Manage the process through concept, design, engineering, cost analysis, production and manufacturing
- Design in 2D and 3D (you’re as comfortable building physical prototypes as you are designing on screen)
- Work in close partnership with Industrial Design, Hardware, Operations/Logistics, Sourcing, Visual Merchandising and Marketing organizations, leading the design process and synthesizing feedback and input from stakeholders
- Ensure that all packaging meets cost and business objectives
- Coordinate and control quality across various packaging manufacturers
- Drive innovation in packaging through structure, materials and manufacturing processes by staying up to date on industry trends and technology
- Continue to optimize and streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability
- Maintain standards and help to build packaging brand guidelines as we continue to expand our product portfolio and distribution
- Help strategize new opportunities and improvements to consumer experience as they relate to packaging
- 6+ years of experience in branding and design with a focus on packaging
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience as part of an in-house creative team
- Experience overseeing the packaging design and development process from concept through execution, including vendor communication and management
- Deep understanding of structural design, printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Capable of working on all packaging touchpoints including core product packaging, shipping boxes, printed collateral, etc.
- Strong visual design aesthetic including typography, pattern and photography
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to tackle complex projects under tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of (and excitement around) Peloton’s brand, aesthetic, voice and mission
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc), experience with 3D software a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.