Senior Product Designer, Analytics at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
The Analytics team at Squarespace is seeking a strategically minded Senior Product Designer to join us in developing next-generation solutions for growing businesses. We believe the future of online presence, commerce and marketing tools will be driven by businesses who build truly customer centric organizations, and we are creating a suite of products that will empower businesses to succeed in this mission. The Analytics team is responsible for consumer-facing analytics tools across the company’s product portfolio, including the CMS, scheduling, commerce and email campaigns. You’ll be responsible for providing our users key data and insights that aid in success for our customers.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager of Engagement.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, educational, and relevant
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Drive clear team alignment around goals and priorities
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, and vision by working closely with PM and Engineering partners
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept and discovery through delivery and beyond
- Collaborate with other product teams to help drive customer acquisition and retention for each of our products
- Be data-driven and have an interest in measuring and improving the experience
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- 5+ years of experience
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Experience building end-to-end user experiences for complex systems
- Understanding of information architecture and service design principles
- Understanding of data visualization
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- Experience facilitating user research and usability testing
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace