Senior Product Designer, Benefits at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a Justworks Senior Product Designer, you will champion design and lead the design process on your cross-functional team of a Product Manager and Engineers to evolve our existing product suite, innovate new features, and mentor other designers.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows and also dives into the interactions and visual details. You advocate sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, and is constantly pushing to mold complex, dry experiences into simple, delightful ones.What You'll Do
- Define—Collaborate with product managers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Collect—Run research sessions with customers and support teams to become expert in customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Analyze—Facilitate brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, and other departments to address the needs of our customers.
- Develop—Decipher complexity into delightful, user-friendly experiences by journey mapping, wireframing, prototyping, and visually refining designs.
- Evaluate—Support design decisions with intuition, data, testing internally, and leading user testing sessions with customers.
- Implement—Collaborate with engineers to refine all use cases, contribute to the design system, and ship quality products.
- Iterate—Leverage feedback, data, and your intuition to iterate on the designs.
- Collaborate—While you will be on a cross-functional team, you will report to a product design manager and are expected to be vocal in design team reviews, share inspirational resources, and aid in brainstorms.
- Contribute—Push our internal design process and design system with consistency and efficiency in mind.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience designing web-based applications.
- You have a portfolio that shows us your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You’re seasoned in designing web-based applications with an focus on tools or workflows.
- You're a advanced problem solver and are able to disseminate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You have a dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics.
- You advocate for seeking feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- You're quietly awesome, humble, thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re a pro in Sketch and other design tools (we use InVision).
- Experience designing SASS products a double plus.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment