Senior Product Designer - Evens at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Evens’ mission is to be the primary destination for patients with Gastrointestinal (GI) issues. By providing access to specialized care Evens makes it easy for patients to go from an initial diagnosis to a personalized treatment plan that includes ongoing clinical support. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating and executing on a roadmap to continue integrating Evens into the existing healthcare ecosystem and improve the way that patients currently manage their care so we can deliver a more effective experience across GI conditions.The Role:
Product at Evens powers nearly every aspect of our business—from our digital experiences in support of our care model to our e-commerce conversion funnel to user subscription management tools. We’re looking for a self-motivated, curious, creative design leader who’s excited about identifying problems – and figuring out how to solve them. You’re someone who’s experienced in designing clean, thoughtful, elegant experiences for customers and clients that keep the users’ needs in mind at all times. Our team strives to deliver world-class care and user experiences. You will join an empowered team working in a fast-paced, pre-launch, environment. We are working on big problems and need keen minds to help scale up our products.
The ideal candidate is energetic, data-driven, creative, strategic, detail-oriented, and relentless about raising the bar. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn — asking the tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our message is never, ever sacrificed. Importantly, this role is to help build a new business from scratch.Some of what you’ll be working on:
- Own the establishment of Evens’ design system as we broaden our product’s capabilities
- Lead design projects end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond — creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes to solve difficult user problems
- Communicate design ideas to stakeholders via sketches, storyboards, low + hi-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations
- Identify user research needs and lead immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Facilitate the discovery process to ensure that both problem statements and solution ideas are driven from end-user and customer insights. Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Business, and Clinical teams to plan and develop effective user experiences
- Collaborate with Product to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Seamlessly integrate multiple considerations in design solutions including business goals, product strategy, interaction best practices, brand standards, and technology constraints
- Advocate for a premium user experience. Deliver thoughtful, thorough and detailed designs that delight our users and meet their needs
- Create a cohesive product and brand experience across all user touchpoints, using and contributing to our design system
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, content, member ops, marketing, sales, and engineering.
- You have 6+ years of working experience in Product Design
- Solid experience with the entire product design process: from research and problem discovery to detailed interaction and visual design
- You have been a part of (or led) a team that has successfully shipped multiple cross-platform digital products
- You have experience leading (and shaping!) process improvements including team rituals and design processes
- Strong, collaborative, sketching / whiteboarding skills that can quickly communicate complex ideas to teammates and stakeholders
- The experiences, user flows and interactions you design are intentional and validated by real customers and data.
- You have the ability to communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs.
- You have a strong ability to think technically, with working knowledge of platform patterns for Responsive Web and native mobile apps
- Strong interaction design skills, with fluency in visual and interaction design tools, such as Figma, Lottie, Flinto, and Principle.
- Experience working with information architecture, data visualizations, or dashboard design.
- Experience in the Healthcare and/or Wellness industry
- Prior experience working at an early stage start-up, taking it from concept to launch
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.