Senior Product Designer, Internal Products
Squarespace is hiring a Senior Product Designer to support the development of the internal products and business applications that power our organization’s growth across Customer Operations, Marketing, Finance, Strategy and more. You will establish a design presence within our internal engineering teams, and help build out and lead a design team around them as the company continues to expand. With less constraints than our customer-facing products, we are looking for a designer who will make internal products their own. You should be excited to try out new things and help develop our style, internally.
Teams at Squarespace are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of your area by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways, building out processes and tools along the way.
This position reports to the Director of Product Design in our NYC headquarters.
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Deliver polished comps, flows, and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Collaborate on evolving our style guides
- Recruit and manage designers as needed to support the efforts of the team
- 5+ years of digital/product design experience
- 2+ years of management
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.