Our mission is to help individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Spring Health is looking for a Senior Product Designer to be the mobile designer primarily supporting our Members Experience team. You will partner with the Product and Engineering teams to accelerate our mobile product and set our teams up for long-term, sustained success. You will contribute to the look, feel, and interactions of our mobile product, ensuring continuity of our Member Experience across Web, iOS, and Android. You will evolve healthcare design best practices towards a more compassionate, progressive, and accessible future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discover: Work with your team to identify and understand opportunities for our mobile member experience. Support ongoing mobile-driven research initiatives.
- Define: Work within and help expand our mobile design patterns to deliver impactful experiences. Enable product designers and front-end engineers to remain focused and move quickly.
- Plan: Carry strategic projects through all the steps in the design process including: product thinking, product and user research, user analysis, ideation, design, testing and validation, and post-launch activities/evaluations.
- Improve: Uplevel the aesthetic, interaction, and usability of our mobile product. Ensure cohesion across Web, iOS, and Android through rigorous QA, refinement, and polish.
- Distribute: Partner with design, engineering, and product to roll out mobile principles, guidelines, and patterns. Create measurable improvements for our Member Experience team.
- Document: Help everyone at the organization leverage Spring’s mobile design principles through high quality documentation and guidance.
- Advocate: Be a design ambassador. Communicate the value of design and connect dots across products, services, and orgs.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer at a digital product company contributing to or leading the design of product experiences. At least 1 year of mobile experience is required.
- Excellent visual designer across multiple platforms, i.e. Web, iOS, Android, etc. Multiple examples of your ability to design best in class user interfaces.
- Genuine interest in building accessible and inclusive products. Understanding of latest accessibility and usability standards, especially for mobile.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Make thoughtful decisions and have experience using qualitative and quantitative data along with experimentations to validate hypotheses.
- You possess strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions.
- Capable of conducting user research, visual design work, and copywriting.
- Expertise with Figma and prototyping.
- An understanding of how your designs will be implemented. Rudimentary understanding of modern engineering frameworks such as React, Flutter, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Love for design: you’re not satisfied with the status quo and always think of ways to improve.
- A portfolio of strong mobile design, visual design, interaction design, and product design work.
- Above all, you are empathetic, generous, and curious. You understand that our product can have a significant impact on real lives and you put users first in every decision you make.
What we’d love to see (Bonus):
- Experience designing consumer product experiences.
- Experience writing front-end code (HTML/JS/CSS).
- Experience working at companies known for their design.
- Experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience working in healthcare.
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please submit a portfolio of your work with your application.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Spring Health will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa, H-1 visa, or STEM OPT extension.