What you’ll be doing:
- Discover: Work with your team to identify and understand opportunities for our mobile member experience. Support ongoing mobile-driven research initiatives.
- Define: Work within and help expand our mobile design patterns to deliver impactful experiences. Enable product designers and front-end engineers to remain focused and move quickly.
- Plan: Carry strategic projects through all the steps in the design process including: product thinking, product and user research, user analysis, ideation, design, testing and validation, and post-launch activities/evaluations.
- Improve: Uplevel the aesthetic, interaction, and usability of our mobile product. Ensure cohesion across Web, iOS, and Android through rigorous QA, refinement, and polish.
- Distribute: Partner with design, engineering, and product to roll out mobile principles, guidelines, and patterns. Create measurable improvements for our Member Experience team.
- Document: Help everyone at the organization leverage Spring’s mobile design principles through high quality documentation and guidance.
- Advocate: Be a design ambassador. Communicate the value of design and connect dots across products, services, and orgs.
What we expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer at a digital product company contributing to or leading the design of product experiences. At least 1 year of mobile experience is required.
- Excellent visual designer across multiple platforms, i.e. Web, iOS, Android, etc. Multiple examples of your ability to design best in class user interfaces.
- Genuine interest in building accessible and inclusive products. Understanding of latest accessibility and usability standards, especially for mobile.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to solve problems.
- Make thoughtful decisions and have experience using qualitative and quantitative data along with experimentations to validate hypotheses.
- You possess strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions.
- Capable of conducting user research, visual design work, and copywriting.
- Expertise with Figma and prototyping.
- An understanding of how your designs will be implemented. Rudimentary understanding of modern engineering frameworks such as React, Flutter, Objective-C, and Swift.
- Love for design: you’re not satisfied with the status quo and always think of ways to improve.
- A portfolio of strong mobile design, visual design, interaction design, and product design work.
- Above all, you are empathetic, generous, and curious. You understand that our product can have a significant impact on real lives and you put users first in every decision you make.
What we’d love to see (Bonus):
- Experience designing consumer product experiences.
- Experience writing front-end code (HTML/JS/CSS).
- Experience working at companies known for their design.
- Experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience working in healthcare.
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status