Senior Product Designer, Mobile at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The job
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help expand our platform into mobile to better meet our customer's needs however they work. In this role, you will partner with product management, engineers, and other designers to build the foundations for mobile access (iOS, Andriod, and web), ship our first mobile apps (iOS and Android), and guide the customer-centered iterative design process. As the first mobile designer, you’ll help to refine the mobile strategy and visual design standards. You will also mentor other product designers by promoting a device-agnostic, systematic approach to crafting customer experiences.What you'll do
- Partner with product management and engineering to find the right balance of viable, functional, and desirable to launch our first mobile apps and iteratively improve the mobile customer experience.
- Facilitate a collaborative design process (refining problem statements, ideating with a cross-functional team, user research, prototyping, and contributing to the design system).
- Serve as the subject matter expert for quality mobile experiences, best practices, and the latest trends.
- Advocate for the customer by becoming an expert in their motivations and needs through user research.
- Mentor other product designers and help mature our user research practice, foster data-informed decision making, and uphold product quality.
- 5+ years of designing mobile experiences.
- Has a portfolio of past shipped projects showing process, a human-centered approach, and the outcomes.
- Has a proven track record of launching and iterating on mobile apps.
- Seeks feedback early and often from your coworkers and customers.
- A strong advocate for the customer, the design team, and the designer’s way of problem-solving.
- Ability to build relationships through strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Biased towards partnering with others to co-create, align, and realize shared vision.
- Ability to balance the detailed view and the systems view .
- Dedication for typography, information hierarchy, interaction design, and usability heuristics.
- Adaptable to complex domains and ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and managing priorities.
- Has a growth mindset. Self-aware of strength and areas of development.
- Experienced in user research methods
- Experienced in SaaS products
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.