Senior Product Designer, ODX
Senior Product Designer
At ODX, we’re focused on helping banks reinvent the small business lending process. We provide a unique combination of market-leading software, analytic insights, and professional services to deliver a game changing digital experience. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of OnDeck (NYSE: ONDK), one of the largest online small business lenders, ODX draws on the heritage of $12 billion loaned over the last decade. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The ODX Platform Product Management Team takes a customer-centric approach to deeply understand the market and the needs of our partners. We build elegant, enterprise grade products and services that deliver valuable, end-to-end experiences that solve our customers’ needs.
In this Senior Product Designer role, your responsibilities will include:
- Your responsibility is to both the end user and our business partners. You will thoroughly understand and balance the goals, desires and preferences of the end users and partners.
- Conceptualize and articulate strong, user-centered and delightful interactions, while balancing the needs of the business and the capabilities of technology.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, product, and development teams. Negotiate effectively with teammates.
- Use strong story-telling and presentation skills to facilitate conversations and build consensus for human-centered solutions in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UX design, and user research, detailed design and optimization.
- Envision solutions considering time constraints and needs of the project: using sketches, wireframes, full-fidelity and prototypes.
- Be accountable to timelines and project needs and product synchronicity. Estimate effort and know when to ask for support. Manage the shifting priorities that come with working in a startup environment.
- Nurture the larger customer journey and ensure a narrative holds the journey together.
- Drive research initiatives, including drafting research plans and surveys, writing research screeners, conducting interviews and compiling research results, insights and recommendations.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3-6 years of product design experience
- Degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Motion, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study.
- Experience with complex backend technology systems design.
- Working knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Zeplin or other tools for generating prototypes to detailed designs.
- Experience working with and expanding an atomic design system.
- Thorough understanding of Design Thinking processes and when and how they should be used.
- Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies.
- Strong presentation, listening, speaking, and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience designing for both web and mobile for a B2B company in a startup environment (or equivalent).
- Experience designing for a FinTech or SaaS or platform based company.
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them meet the unique opportunities and challenges of owning a business. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $12 billion in business financing. Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve success on their terms.
At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- TalentDesk’s Best Large Companies for Computer Science Jobs in Arlington, Virginia: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Customer Service Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
- TalentDesk’s Best Companies for Quality Assurance Jobs in Denver, Colorado: #1, 2019
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**